Saturday, May 14, 2016

Week 19 Food Storage Challenge


25 Pounds Sugar / Tomato products

25 pounds sugar or 5 pounds of honey which ever you choose to use. Even if you use honey for everything it would be a good idea to have a little sugar on hand. You can use raw sugar if you don't want the processed. I keep my sugar in 5 gallon buckets. My honey is in quart jars.

Tomato products, paste, sauce, whole, crushed, rotel and what ever else you use. I can most all my tomato stuff with the exception of sauce, I never seem to have enough tomatoes for that. Even if you can all your own tomatoes it is a good idea to have extra on hand just in case your garden doesn't do well one year.

Keep trying to cook all you can from scratch.

Put back more water.

Add some more to your money stash.

Have a great week





2 comments:

  1. Do you open your bags of sugar and pour it into your buckets? I keep mine in the bag. I'm still putting back water and some cash as I can. Enjoyed your post. Have a great week!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I have some in bags and some in buckets. Seem to keep just fine in the bags, I do have it stored where critters can't get into it.
      Have a great day,
      Connie

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.