Monday, January 4, 2016

300 a Month Challenge




I will be starting  the 300 dollars a month challenge again. Since I didn't keep up on my posting towards the end of last year, I will try to do a recap of what all I spent, all through right towards the end I sort of fell off. All in all though I think I did pretty good last year but hope to do better this year. I do have some new money saving ideas and plans.

I will post every Monday how I did the previous week, and please feel free to share your money savings for the past week also. I will also be posting the menu for the week and the goals for the week.

I don't count daycare supplies since they are tax deductible. And I don't count canning supplies such as jars and lids, I figure they are more of an investment then an expense.

This amount will include stuff for my food storage.

If you are just starting you food storage and want to try and do this challenge, I would suggest if possible to up it to 350 to 400 a month, so you have a little extra to get started with. I can keep mine a little lower because I do have some stuff put back that I have bought on sale and can use instead of having to buy it that month.

You do need to make a lot of things from scratch, I will try to post as many recipes as possible on making your own stuff. 

For this weeks menu.

Breakfast
Oatmeal
Pancakes
Scrambled eggs
Yogurt/fruit
waffles

To these I will add toast or fruit.

Lunch
Waffles
Chicken Noddle soup
French toast
Mac & Cheese
Mini Pizzas

To these I will add  fruit, crackers, or something as a side dish.

Dinner
Crock Pot Chicken Fried Steak with added potato's
Chili with beans and crackers
N. Tacos
Beef Tips with noddle's
Stuffed Peppers and cheese potato's
Chili and macaroni bake
Leftovers

To these I will add a vegetable.

Snacks
Apples
granola bars
Cheese crackers
Cereal
Animal crackers

Andy's snacks that he takes to work
Banana bread and Apple dumplings  

This weeks goals
I have green chili in the freezer that I didn't have time to get canned last fall so I want to get it canned this week.
Start on tax stuff so we are not to the last minute again this year like we were last year.
Lemons and oranges in the dehydrator.
Start on Katie's robe, she got some fabric and wants me to make her a robe out of it.
I got a sock maker and want to start trying to use it.
Start canning lemon juice.
Clean out the chicken coop.

Well hopefully I can get this all done. Plus do a deep cleaning on the house, we are having people over Saturday night to play music.

So what are some of your goals for the week?

























2 comments:

  1. My goals are to organize my herbs and make some herbal preparations. Thank you so much for doing the food storage planning. I really need this and you make it so doable!

    grace and peace,
    pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and you are welcome. I also need this and know how daunting it can be sometimes so I try to figure out the easiest and cheapest way to do it.
      Have a great day
      Connie

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.