Thursday, July 2, 2015

Freezing Hashbrowns

I like to use frozen hash browns, so when I do all my potatoes I freeze hash brown as well. They are pretty easy to do.
 
Sorry I don't have pictures for all of this. First I boil my potato's with the skins on till they are semi soft/hard immediately put into a pan of cold water let cool. Peel when cooled ( you don't want them to soft or they turn to mush when grating). If they are large like mine were you can cut in half long ways if you are using in a food processer. If grating by hand you don't need to cut in half.
 
 
I like to use the food processor to grate mine. They don't turn out as pretty as if you did them by hand , but seems I am always in a hurry to get them done so I use the food processer. 
 
 
 
 After grated spread a layer on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. I put several layers on a cookie sheet just put two sheets of wax paper in between each layer ( this makes it easier to get off.)put in the freezer for at least 24 hours.












Take out and put in freezer bags then use as you would store bought. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.