Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pickled Radishes



If you have an over abundance of radishes here is a way to use them and not let them go bad.and they are sooo good. and really easy to make. I use a lot of my over large radishes that are starting to get a little soft and are to big.

What I do is slice them into pint jars then see how many I have before I start the brine.


First slice thinly slice the  radishes and put into pint jars
 
 
 
Then for every pint you need
 
1 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup red wine vintage
2 tea. salt
1/4 cup sugar
 

put in sauce pan and bring to boil until sugar is dissolved remove from heat and pour into jars with the radishes put hot lids and bands on. Now you can put in the fridge and use with in a month or you can can it in a  water bath for 10 minutes.
It is best if allowed to sit for a couple days. The red will leach from the radishes and turn the vinegar red and the radishes will be all white.
 
 
 
I had some brine left over, and some cauliflower in the fridge from my bountiful baskets so I decided to pickle the cauliflower I will let you know in a few days how they turned out. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.