Thursday, June 26, 2014

Freezing Bananas

We eat a lot of bananas I use them in bread , cake , smoothies , Ice cream and all kinds if things
I have been canning bananas and freezing them before they start going up in price.



 Here is how I freeze them. I just peel them then put on a pan with wax paper ( so they don’t stick to the pan ) then I slice them in to ½ to 1 inch slices ( I just slice them on the pan then I don’t have to move them to the pan after they are sliced.) If I have enough for more then one layer I put two sheets of wax paper in-between each layer ( I do two then that way they come off the paper easier). I freeze them for 24 hours then take them off the pan and put into baggies. When we need some bananas you can just grab how ever much you need. When we use them in smoothies I will put them in the microwave for about 45 seconds just to thaw them a little so they are not so hard in the blender.

2 comments:

  1. We too freeze banana's that we have plenty of for smoothies. Nothing goes to waist on our little homestead! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.