Thursday, November 29, 2012

Have to mend the new jacket.

 
 
I hate when I buy something get it home and it rips or as in this case the string pulls out. Couldn’t return it , it is Joleens new cheer jacket and they were ordered so I just fixed it.

This is the string that pulled out.
 
 


This is the other side how it is
suppose to look.




I pulled out the stiching on the end.
 


Then found a safety pin in my box of pins that I got at an auction for one dollar (I love good finds like that).



Put the pen on the end of the string.
 



It's kind of hard to see but I put the pen with the string into the hole.
 


 
 
Then I pushed the pen and string to the end where I had ripped out the seam.
 
Took the pen off and put the string right on the edge and sewed the seam shut.

 
Just need to trim the thread off.
 
 
I would say good as new but in this case it is better then new.
 
I am so thankful that I can do these repairs.
It would be nice though if they would make things a little better then they do so you don't have to mend it as soon as you buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.