Thursday, September 13, 2012

Drying Grapes/Raisins




Drying Grapes/Raisins

I got several pounds of grapes that were on sale (my grape vines are not producing yet) I dried a few pounds of them they turned out so good.




Wash and remove the stems. No pretreatment is necessary if you cut in half. If they have seeds, you will need to cut in half, so you can remove the seeds. These grapes were very large so I cut them in half. If you do not cut in half you will need to dip in boiling water for about 30 seconds to spilt the skins.




Spread the grapes on the trays. Dry at 115 degrees until dry through to the center. About 24 to 48 hours.
I took off the trays and put in to jars, or you can put into bags.

 



They do shrink a lot. I hope next year my vines start producing. I would like to dry a lot of grapes they are so good so much better then a store bought raisin.




Please feel free to leave a comment or question. I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.